Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gold and Ecru Tassel


The gold and ecru tassel is completely handmade except for the wooden bead in the tassel head. I used DMC 100% crochet cotton in ecru and DMC Perlé as yarns for making the tassel underskirt, the bullion fringe over skirt, the ruff and the cording. The tassel head is crocheted beaded bead.

Closeup of the crocheted beaded tassel head, the ruff and the bullion fringe

Tassel cording closeup
For the tassel cording, I used the kumihimo braiding technique with seven strands using gold and the ecru yarns. I like the way it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. oh my!! thats gorgeous... Thank you for linking into Colours Dekor.. You know you make my day... I'm following you now.. and looking forward to being inspired.. Sure hope to see you drop by at CD again...

    Have a fabulous week ahead.. :)

    ReplyDelete